(Pardon the grammar, but these are just quick write-ups of my dreams.
They are not essays or great works of literature. Just dreams, folks. Don't be hatin'.)

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Cougar Orange: Dog Piano Bar

3/3/11

(I don't remember if these were connected, or even if this was the order. The following is what I do remember.)

Dinner Party:

I'm at a dinner party at a friend's house. Dinner is being held in this big room with floor to ceiling picture windows on two adjoining walls. The host is a little miffed because someone brought friends, and there were a certain number of place settings and a certain amount of food. Now it doesn't quite work.
The host and a couple other people walk outside. We can all see them out the windows walking up a stairwell against the edge of the woods.
Betsy (squirrel-hatin B) is sitting next to me. It's like dusk outside.
She starts to point at the woods near the staircase.
She says it's a cougar; a mountain lion.
I tell her it's not a cougar, probably just a rock.
She swears it's a cougar and starts flipping out.
I have to physically restrain her.



Other Party:

At a party in a different house.
Edward is there, along with some random chicks and a blond dude.
I'm pretty sure everyone is very drunk. Even me.
I think there were oranges or clementines or some other small orange-colored fruit.
Then Edward and I are topless.
We talk about how this isn't the first time we've seen each other topless.
I am covering myself up with a blanket, though.

Girl Date:

I'm going down a stairwell in a school or office building with Allie Brosh (http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/).
Every once in a while there would be a HUGE white sign with black letters on it that we'd have to break through.
They were pick up lines and jokes.
It was Allie's way of hitting on me and asking me out.
I agree to go out with her.

We're at her place and a small dog comes and hangs out with me.
Then a large chocolate lab comes and says hi.
Allie gives both of them rawhide bones to chew on.

My hand gets a little too close for comfort to the lab and he starts going nuts. Barking and trying to bite me.
The other dog grabs the lab's bone and drags it to the other side of the room.
The lab follows.
The little dog rolls over onto its back.



Exes:

I'm on a staircase with Dane. We're arguing about a bar. I tell him it's near by.
We get to the top of the stairs and we're on a busy downtown street with tons of bars.
We walk past all sorts of theme bars and people try to get us to go in.
I drag him into the piano bar that I was thinking of.
Through the main room, which was full of people, we headed into a second room.
A DJ was playing VERY loud music.
A dude that I work with was there.
I pull Dane over to the side of the room and scream so he can hear me.
I tell him it's not usually a DJ, that live bands play here.

No comments:

Post a Comment