(Pardon the grammar, but these are just quick write-ups of my dreams.
They are not essays or great works of literature. Just dreams, folks. Don't be hatin'.)

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

(archive dream) Friendship, Maine

1/5/11

I had gone back to Boulder.

I was staying in an apartment with my old best friend, Tammy, and her family.

When they weren’t home I cooked their foo
d and ate it and the mom came home and she was a little drunk and ate some of the food with me, which ended up being like sweet and sour chicken but was totally potato chunks when I put them in the oven.

None of that matters, though.




I went outside and it was like I was in the middle of a campus and there were tons of people outside.

Some dude with weird hair said hi to me and told me that we had been schoolmates when I lived in Boulder. I vaguely remembered this person and it was weird to see who they had turned into.

Then I was surrounded by young men who noticed my friendship bracelet. They called it a “pop band” and made fun of it relentlessly. I tried to explain the significance of it and then just started saying hey, guys, I’ve been living in Maine.

And then they made fun of me even more because for some reason living in Maine is the biggest faux pas.

No comments:

Post a Comment